This article will explain the Innoflow platform and process so you can get an excellent start to the case event you may participate in, so you can concentrate on the case solving itself.
Help video: ‘Participant: Getting started with Innoflow’
On the event page the organiser gives you all the information that you need before signing up. This always includes a timeline and a countdown clock, so you know the structure of the event. Apart from this, the organiser can choose to add text, images and videos along with links and files. Note the case itself will only be available once at the time and date of the case launch.
All case competitions are solved in teams. There are, however, two ways to do this: pre-formed teams or, if the organiser allows it, teaming up with other participants that you don’t already know.
Preformed teams. If you have already formed a group on your own, that is great! To get everyone on the same team, only one team member signs up. This person can then invite the rest of the team:
- One team member signs up via the ‘Join the Event’ button.
- When logged in navigate to the Dashboard and then Team Overview
- Hit the plus button.
- Enter the name and email of one of your teammates.
- The login details will then be sent to that person.
- Repeat for the rest of the team.
Be sure that your team size is allowed by the organiser.
Teaming up with other participants
If the organiser allows it, you can also team up with other participants that are also looking to form a team.
- To do this first sign up via the Join the Event button.
- Once you are logged in head to Find Teammates, via the Dashboard.
- Now you can filter people by professional and personal skills and find the right fit for your team. You are also able to see their profile by clicking Visit Profile
- When you have found someone you would like to have on your team, go ahead and invite them!
To be discoverable and leave a good impression, remember to complete your profile. Read the next section for more information.
Handing in solutions
When you are ready to hand in your solution to the case, it is a simple process.
- Click the ‘Upload solution’ button on the case page or the upload option in the Dashboard.
- You can upload up to 2 deliverables, including video file
- Your files will be assigned a number, and you’ll receive a confirmation email that the solution has been successfully handed in.
In the Dashboard, it is possible to read and write messages to your teammates, as well as read messages from the organisers themselves. Apart from the title and text body, you can attach files as well.
- To send a message to your team, navigate to Team Messages in the Dashboard
- Hit the green plus button in the lower right corner.
- Now you can write your message and attach files and tags.
- Press ‘Submit’ and off it goes.
Note that you can find all the files from messages under ‘Resources’ in the Dashboard.